The recipe does not call for frosting. It says that the cake does not need it and that is actually true, but it seems weird to me to take a cake without frosting. So if I am taking this to someone or to a dinner I ice it. I have made a Cream Cheese frosting and a Milk Chocolate one. They both worked fine.
Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake
Source: Woman’s Day
2 2/3 c flour
2 c sugar
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
1 c milk
½ c water
¾ c oil
1 T vanilla
1 c mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350. Line a 13x9 with nonstick foil.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl with a whisk. Whisk milk, water, oil, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in flour mixture. Gradually pour milk mixture into flour mixture; whisk until blended. Stir in chips.
- Pour into pan and bake 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Remove from pan, remove foil and cool completely.