Source: Southern Living
2-4 bacon slices
1 T butter
2 T chopped onion
2 T all-purpose flour
1 t salt
1 c sour cream
16 oz package frozen corn, thawed
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 T drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Melt butter in hot drippings over med heat. Add onion and saute until tender.
- Whisk in flour and salt until smooth and bubbly.
- Whisk in sour cream until smooth. Cook, whisking often, 3 minutes. Stir in corn and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 8 in baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min or until bubbly.