Sunday, July 7, 2013

A house divided

Jory loves this cake.  It is one of his absolute favorite desserts I make.  In fact, once I made it for a potluck and he didn't know I had done it.  He was sitting at the Potluck devouring this cake and raving about it without knowing it was my Chocolate Chip Cake.  I personally don't think it's that great.  I was going to remove it from my recipes until the Potluck incident when I realized how much he really loves it.

The recipe does not call for frosting.  It says that the cake does not need it and that is actually true, but it seems weird to me to take a cake without frosting.  So if I am taking this to someone or to a dinner I ice it.  I have made a Cream Cheese frosting and a Milk Chocolate one.  They both worked fine.

Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake
Category: Desserts
Source: Woman’s Day

2 2/3 c flour
2 c sugar
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
1 c milk
½ c water
¾ c oil
1 T vanilla
2 eggs
1 c mini chocolate chips

  1.  Heat oven to 350.  Line a 13x9 with nonstick foil.


  1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.  Whisk milk, water, oil, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl.
  2. Make a well in flour mixture.  Gradually pour milk mixture into flour mixture; whisk until blended.  Stir in chips.
  3. Pour into pan and bake 35 minutes.
  4. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.  Remove from pan, remove foil and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment