Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mexican Chicken Casserole

I made this casserole today. I will be honest and say that it is not one of my favorite recipes, but a lot of people love it and it is very easy. I took it to a friend of mine today and we'll see what she thinks. I have another friend who got this recipe for me and makes it every time she needs to take a meal to someone. So it's pretty popular, it's just not my personal favorite.


Chicken and Corn Pie
Category: Main Dishes
Sub Category: Chicken
Source: Southern Living

1 (10oz) can enchilada sauce
1 (10 oz) can Mexican diced tomatoes with lime
juice and cilantro, drained
2 c frozen whole kernel corn
1 t chili powder
3 c chopped cooked chicken
1 (6oz) package Mexican-style cornbread mix
2/3 c milk
1 egg
2 T vegetable oil
1 c shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend, divided

1. Preheat oven to 375. Stir together first 4 ingredients in over medium heat until combined; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in chicken.
2. Whisk together cornbread mix, next 3 ingredients and ¾ c cheese in a small bowl just until blended.
3. Pour chicken mixture into lightly greased 11x7 baking dish. Spoon cornbread mixture onto top. Sprinkle evenly with remaining ¼ c cheese.
4. Bake at 375 for 30 min or until golden and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment