Monday, November 8, 2010

Roast

I tried three new recipes this weekend and none of them were keepers, but I also made a Tried and True recipe - Roast! This is actually Sheri's recipe. She gave it to me after I graduated from college and it was one of the first meals I made. It is also one of only a few recipes that I don't have written done - I just know it. It is SO good and easy. I know that most people are partial to their Mama's Roast, but I do think this is one worth trying.

Roast
1 Roast
Potatoes
Onions
Carrots
1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Coke
I use about a three pound roast, three potatoes quartered, two yellow onions quartered and a small bag of baby carrots. I put the vegetables in the bottom of a crock pot and set the meat on top. Then pour everything else on top of that. You don't have to actually hit the roast - just throw it all in there. You don't have to stir anything. Just cook on low for 8-10 hours and enjoy! Very tender!
Note: I usually use one can of Cream of Mushroom Soup and one can of Cream of Mushroom with Garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment