Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stuffed Shells

I made stuffed shells for lunch today. This is one of the easiest recipes because there are very few ingredients. I have also had great success with kids liking it. I didn't get a good picture today, but it's a good dish.


Stuffed Shells
Category: Main Dishes
Sub Category: Pasta
Source: Real Simple

20 Jumbo pasta Shells
24 oz jar Marinara sauce
2 (15 oz) containers Ricotta
2 c chopped baby spinach
½ c grated Parmesan
½ t salt
¼ t pepper
1 c grated mozzarella

1. Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat over to 400. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and run under cold water until cool
2. Spread Marinara sauce in bottom of a large baking dish
3. In a bowl combine ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, salt and pepper
4. Spoon mixture into shells and place on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake until shells are heated through, 10-12 minutes
5. Increase heat to broil. Broil until cheese begins to brown, 2-5 minutes

Note: I use shredded Mozzarella and I don't measure a cup, I just sprinkle some on top. I also have had better luck when I don't broil the shells at the end.









No comments:

Post a Comment