Friday, October 22, 2010

Swiss Stuffing Chicken

Today I am making the Chicken Enchiladas that I gave the recipe for in the last post so I will post a picture of those soon. Last night I made Swiss Stuffing Chicken. I got this recipe from Kelly last year. (I think it was originally a Paula Dean recipe, but I don't know that for sure). It was something that she made and froze when she was pregnant with Harper. It froze really well and she and Scott loved it. I tried the recipe and now I make it all of the time.This is the most versatile recipe I own. With the exception of the chicken, I have - at one time or another - used a substitute for every ingredient that is called for. It uses Pepperidge Farms Herb Flavored Stuffing Mix which comes in a huge bag and you only need a cup for this recipe. So the stuffing mix lasts long enough for you to make this recipe a lot. So I always have that on hand and I can scrounge everything else up pretty easily, so this is an easy Last Minute Recipe. Plus, it's really good!



Swiss Stuffing Chicken
Category: Main Dishes
Sub Category: Chicken
Source: Kelly


4 Lg Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
6oz Swiss Cheese Slices
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
¼ c White Wine
Salt and pepper to taste
1 c crushed Herb Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix
½ Stick Butter, Melted

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place chicken in buttered casserole dish. Layer cheese on top. Mix soup, wine, salt & pepper. Pour over cheese.
3. Sprinkle stuffing on top and drizzle with butter.
4. Bake for one hour.
Notes: 1. I never add salt. I think the soup makes it salty enough.
2. I have only made this recipe with Swiss Cheese one time. I make it with whatever cheese we have on hand and that's just never Swiss. I put 1 to 1 1/2 slices of cheese on each breast. Our favorite is probably Pepper Jack, but I've made it with Mozzarella, Provolone, Gouda, Parmesan and Cheddar.
3. I don't melt the butter. I just cut it up and throw it on top of the stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment