Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Dishes

Here are a couple of things I made for Easter. This is Carrot Souffle, though no one who has ever tried it believes there are carrots in it. I know for a fact that I make desserts that are healthier than this 'vegetable' side dish, but it sure is good! Carrot Souffle
Category: Sides
Sub Category:
Source: Ann

3 lbs carrots
3 c sugar
1 T baking powder
1 T vanilla
¾ c flour
1 ½ sticks butter
6 eggs

1. Boil carrots, drain.



2. Mix carrots with all other ingredients with mixer until smooth.



3. Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.



4. Bake 1 hour at 350.


Note: I boil the carrots a REALLY long time so they are mushy by the time I put them in the stand mixer. It makes mixing them until smooth easier.

These are what I call embarrassingly easy biscuits. I was skeptical the first time I made them because good biscuits should be much harder than these to make. They take about five minutes to whip up and Jory loves them.



Drop Biscuits
Category: Baked Goods
Sub Category:
Source: Real Simple

2 c flour, leveled
Stick cold unsalted butter in small pieces
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1 c whole milk

1. Heat oven to 400. In a food processor, combine everything except milk and pulse until pea-size clumps form. Add the milk and pulse just until moistened.


2. Drop six large mounds of the dough (about ½ c each) onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden, 18-20 min


Note: I don't add the milk to the food processor. I put the flour mixture in a large bowl and stir in the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment