Sunday, April 24, 2011

A fabulous egg casserole

I made a wonderful egg casserole this weekend. The recipe was in an ad for Hilshire Farms smoked sausage. Since there was also a coupon for the sausage I thought I'd try it. We were so impressed. What made it great is how fluffy the eggs are. The casserole itself was light and probably my favorite egg casserole. It would have been just fine without the sausage. So if you don't eat sausage I think you could substitute any other meat or vegetable or just do eggs and cheese. I plan to try several variations.

Crustless Quiche
Category: Eggs and Cheese
Sub Category:
Source:

1 package smoked sausage
8 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ c heavy whipping cream
1 ½ t dry mustard
¼ t salt
1/8 t pepper
1 ½ c shredded cheddar, divided
½ c chopped green bell pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Cut sausage into ½” cubes, set aside. Place eggs, cream, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl, whisk until smooth.


3. Stir in sausage, 1 c cheese and green pepper. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.


4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with remaining ½ c cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


Notes: 1. I did not include the bell pepper.


2. Instead of a 9x13 pan I made this in two smaller pans and froze one.

No comments:

Post a Comment