Friday, May 20, 2011

Recipe Project


I feel like I've been in a recipe rut lately. For the past month we ate meals that I had made and frozen while I was pregnant. They were good, but they were old standbys and nothing exciting. When the frozen food ran out I went back to trying new recipes - I had collected lots over the past two months. And I was so disappointed. I probably had my worst recipe-trying week ever last week. So I was super excited when Kelly did a post today letting people share their favorite recipes. There are already hundreds posted! I decided that I will start working my way through those recipes. That should keep me busy for a while and I'll be trying the tried and true favorites of others. I am optimistic.


Up first are the five recipes that Kelly posted herself. Of those, I've already made one (and posted it on this blog). It is her Swiss Stuffing Chicken. She got the recipe when she was pregnant with Harper and made it and froze it. When she had it after Harper was born she posted the recipe. I am always looking for recipes that freeze well so I tried it and it has definitely become a stand by.




Here is where I blogged about this recipe. Next I am anxious to try her Poppyseed Chicken and King Ranch Chicken. Both of those are dishes I love but do not have good recipes for. Look for my results in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment