Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chocolate Cobbler

I don't think the picture is all that enticing, but this is a yummy dessert. And it is SO bad for you. When I make it for people I hold my breath hoping they won't ask for the recipe. I'm afraid once I give it to them the response will be You made this for us? Are you trying to kill us? I thought we were friends!. But this is quite a gooey fun concoction. I got the recipe from the Tyler newspaper a few years ago. I was intrigued by the idea of a chocolate cobbler.

Chocolate Cobbler
Category: Desserts
Sub Category:
Source:

2 sticks butter
1 ½ c sugar
1 ½ c self rising flour
1 t vanilla
¾ c milk
1 c sugar
5-6 T cocoa

1. Melt butter in 9x13 glass baking dish


2. Mix next four ingredients in bowl


3. Pour batter over melted butter


4. Mix 1 cup sugar and cocoa together and sprinkle on top of batter

5. Pour 2 c boiling water over everything

6. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes

Note: The original recipe states in no uncertain terms that you should not stir when you pour the batter over the butter and you should not stir when you sprinkle the sugar/cocoa over the batter. This is printed in bold, capitalized letters and repeated. Can I tell you how much that makes me want to stir? Every time I make this I have to fight the urge to stir and cause the ultimate recipe calamity. But I do spread and that kind of stirs things up a bit. It makes me feel better anyway.






1 comment: