Gingerbread BiscottiCategory: Baked Goods
Source: Family Fun
1 t baking powder
1 ½ t ginger
3 t cinnamon
¼ t salt
6T unsalted butter, softened
1 c sugar
3 T light molasses
2 t vanilla
8 oz white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350. Coat a baking sheet w/cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In stand mixer on med, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, molasses and vanilla and mix well. Reduce speed to low and blend in flour mixture.
- With slightly wet hands, halve dough and shape into two 2 ½ x 9 in rectangles. Bake until golden brown and just starting to crack, about 25 min. Let cool and reduce the oven’s temperature to 325.
- Use a sharp knife to cut loaves into ¾ in slices. Place slices cut side down and bake until toasted, about 8 min. They should be crunchy on outside but not hard. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle on biscotti