Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chicken Lasagna

This is one of my most popular recipes and I always mean to take a picture of it because it is so pretty, but I always forget, so I am posting the recipe without it. I made it recently for a dinner party and had so many people ask for the recipe. One woman said it was the best thing she had eaten in a long time!


Chicken Spinach Lasagna Casserole
Category: Main Dishes
Sub Category: Chicken
Source: Redbook - Trisha Yearwood

1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 c grated cheddar cheese
1/3 c chopped onion
1 T cornstarch
½ t salt
¼ t pepper
1T soy sauce
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 c sour cream
1 (4 ½ oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 c mayonnaise
6 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 c chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350


2. In a large bowl, combine 1st 12 ingredients. Put a layer of noodles in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Spread half of the spinach mixture over noodles. Place another layer of noodles on top and cover with the remaining mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, then pecans on top and bake for 1 hour.

Notes: 1. I use frozen chopped onions.

2. I have used canned chicken and couldn't tell the difference

3. I have used light sour cream and/or light mayo and couldn't tell the difference



No comments:

Post a Comment